dogercisela.com

Check out DogerciseLA.com for your free gift.

Subscribe in a reader

Monday, February 14, 2011

Side Note on Barking and e-collars

My last five posts have been on barking because i get questions on it more then anything else.  That is why I started this blog with that subject.  I wanted to ad this final opinion on the subject!

As a side note, I think e-collars have their place-but it should be a last resort and you should get a professional opinion (or two) on your dogs particular case before you even consider using one.  They are often mis-used and unnecessary, leading to more problems or masking the problem instead of fixing the behavioral issue.  I do believe they can be useful and have used them myself, but rarely are they necessary and should only be used for a short period of time before the dog understands its purpose.
Remember-most dogs just need more stimulation physically and mentally.  Exercise is most important-only then can the discipline you set be useful and understood.  After that you give them all the love you can because they deserve it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment